Hilo Christmas Lights
Here is your 2017 guide to Christmas Light Displays. This list is a partial carry over from 2016, and should be accurate*. However, not all of the displays have been confirmed as of yet!
All of the Hilo lights are included below, starting with some of the best displays in Panaewa. Other neighborhoods are listed below that. You can use the buttons to shortcut you to the particular sections you're interested in, or just scroll down.
NOTE: Listings with this ✅ mark, are 2016 verified.
Did I miss any good ones? If you find a display with more than 10 strands of lights and some yard art, please submit the details to me and I'll add it to the listings.
Submit here -> Christmas Light Display Submission form
Help Me Grow This List to Include All of the Big Island!
- 95 Waianuhea Pl. and 2714 Waianuhea Way –Great light displays on two houses in this dead end street. The houses, carport and yard all included in each display. NOTE: This is a dead end street so be courteous and turn off lights with turning around.✅
- 2322 Awapuhi St. Care Home. The 3rd highest rated display in Hilo. Has lots of house lights, yard decorations, and inflatables. Even a singing Santa.✅
- 2301 Awapuhi St. Right across the street From another top rated place. These guys even have two arches that are great for posing and taking pictures✅
- 2305 Awapuhi St. More neighbors are chiming in and adding light displays! Very good for a first year!!✅
- 2372 Awapuhi St. Care Home. A fifth house on this street has added decent display to the mix. This is the best street in town to be sure not to miss!! ✅
- 2094 Awapuhi St. Hilo. You can see this tree from the Highway, right across from McDonalds Puainako! Their lights aren't very good this year. :-( ✅
- 234 Nahale-A Ave. A nice group of inflatables and house lights!
- 49 Pua Ave. Probably among the top 8 displays in Hilo. Worth the drive! Nice work!
- 407 Todd Ave. Pretty good set up of new inflatables this year (2016) However, now they have IN ADDITION: Window projections…and a live Santa giving out candy and can take pictures with. to check out!✅
- 169 Desha Ave. Get good lights and nice use of yard space!
- 1355 Kalanianaole ave. Excellent use of lights on and between the coconut trees on the property just before Onekahakaha beach road.
- 385 Hilinai St. - Good little set up! NEW this year, and glad to add it to the tour! Thanks!✅
- 1065 Kuahiwi Pl. - Nice light display on this tall two story house on the end of this culdesac.✅
- 362 Kahikini St. -A second great display on this street! Helps make up for the loss of the chinese house on the street below.✅
- 370 Kahikini St. I love the lights on the columns, AND the Dolphins!✅
- 847 Kukuau st. – AWESOME DISPLAY!! Nice, balanced display of lights. On the columns, on the fountain, and on the house, etc!✅
- 1027 Kukuau st.- Nice elegant light display with extra points for lighting uniqueness and bows on the house, etc.✅
- Top of Kukuau st., last home on the right. Love the row of 20 or so 1′ tall Christmas Trees lining the driveway.✅
- Kipuni st. Loop. Bunch (4 or houses) Several houses on this loop worth checking out. Hit Kipuni on the way up to the top of Kukuau, or turn left on Kipuni on the way back down. The turn is right where the corner house (1010 Kukuau) is located on the Mauka side of the street.✅
- 1010 Kukuau St. ??? NO DISPLAY? Nice light display with lights on house trees and fixtures. Not too shabby.
- 🚫468 Ohukea st. NO DISPLAY THIS YEAR! 🚫 ;-( Some have called it the Chinese house. I’ve yet to confirm that title. But there is no disputing the lights. Very good! This might have beat out Awapuhi St. if only they had music!
- 1106 Malanani Pl. - Top 20 display and great to see if you're in the area.✅
- 1220 Ainako Ave. – Hilo. Pretty cool. Lots of yard stuff going on. Neighbor did his house a little too.
- 202-A Chong St. MESSAGE FROM THE OWNER: “Certainly confirmed for 2016, we love to share this display of thousands of lights and a full nativity scene and think it’s most enjoyable and relaxing. Come by weekdays from 5:30-9:00 pm, weekends 5:30-10:00, Christmas eve and day from 5:30-midnight.”✅
- 1210 Kaumana Dr. Really nice lights! Thank you!
- Melemanu Dr. - Nice lights and column display!!
- 1976 Keo St. (Wilder Road) - Two nice displays on neighboring houses. If you're in the area, worth the look.✅